Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Roger Waters - The Wall, Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN - 06/19/2012

I'm playing big time catch up on my 2012 shows toward the end of the year. Working in the real world gets super busy. Sadly, over almost 6 months, I only have about 5 shows to report. I really am getting old, I guess.

First up, the wife and I paid a bit too much for some really good tickets to what I would best describe as a Broadway spectacle reworking of an album that is very near and dear to my 12 year old self. I did see John Prine sitting a few rows in front of us, which was beyond cool. He's kind of short in real life.

So it was a huge production with all the explosions and frills one would have expected. We "ran like hell" (sorry, couldn't resist) right around the end of "Run Like Hell" and didn't stick around to the very end. All in all, it was cool in the way that a crazy musical with lots of staging and effects is cool but not very "rock." It left me a bit cold, all in all, though I'm not sure what I was expecting otherwise. I should probably just stick to the club-sized venues.

No comments: