Friday, April 25, 2014

Superchunk, Mercy Lounge, Nashville, TN - 04/11/2014

Whoa ... this show was amazing. We have been on a roll (Real Estate, Television, now friggin' Superchunk). This is a band that I first got into when I originally "got into" music as a young teen - 7 inch records, zines, the whole bit. They have always killed it live, and I've found that their newer stuff (especially 2010's Majesty Shredding) is as good as anything from their "golden era."

Well, they brought it all. My wife and I started the night at a wine tasting (always a nice way to start an evening) and then made it over to the show, meeting up with friends and getting ready for the rock. I hadn't jumped around at a show (as far as I can recall) since seeing Wolf Parade play "Shine a Light" a few years back; well, I jumped around a few times at this one. They sounded great, played a fantastic mix of tunes and seemed to have fun. Great crowd - into it but not crazy, full but not I-can't-breathe packed ... just perfecto ...

Photos and writeup from The Scene ...

Driveway to Driveway
FOH
Learned to Surf
Detroit Has a Skyline
Punch Me Harder
Void
Out of the Sun
Watery Hands
Crossed Wires
Low F
Animated Airplanes Over Germany
Mower
Me and You and Jackie Mitoo
Digging for Something
Slack Motherfucker
Precision Auto
---
Hyper Enough
Throwing Things

No comments: