Thursday, May 31, 2012

Brendan Benson, Young Hines and the Howling Brothers, Mercy Lounge, Nashville, TN - 04/28/2012

My super cool neighbor Chris produced Brendan's last album and asked my wife and me to come check out the album release show. No pictures or setlists to pass on, but it was fun all around. First off, the Howling Brothers did a fantastic opening set of old timey tunes followed by an impressive, power pop set from Young Hines that included a couple songs that have been stuck in my craw since first hearing them. Brendan put on a very tight, very fun set that was high energy and just very, very good without much in the way of gimmicks.

I don't have a history with his music that stretches way back so I thus don't have a ton to write, but I had a great time and was incredibly impressed with the whole lineup.

No comments: