Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, Mercy Lounge, Nashville, TN - 10/16/2011

Not a whole lot to say about this show. I ended up going with some friends more or less on a whim. I have their first record and think that it's fine as far as poppy/ear candy type stuff goes. The opener, Twin Sister, has been getting a lot of press, but we mainly hung out on the deck catching up pre-show.

So the Pains of Being Pure at Heart came out and did their thing, actually playing "This Love Is F---ing Right" second on the setlist, but the whole thing just didn't do a whole lot for me. They were competent but did not bring a whole lot to the table that was so compelling. It's tough when the last band I saw was 2 nights of Wilco, who set a pretty high bar in terms of musicianship and bringing the live goods.

Great time with my friends, just a fairly meh show ...

No comments: