Monday, January 10, 2011

Wolf Parade, Exit/In, Nashville, TN - 11/22/2010

Wolf Parade had already put on one of my favorite shows of 2010 with their set at Pitchfork, so getting to see them at the Exit/In was pretty darn exciting.  They released one of my favorite albums of the 2000's (Apologies to the Queen Mary) and one of my top 10 favorite songs maybe ever ("Shine A Light").  Good stuff.

We got inside for the opening a band, a Modest Mouse-by-way-of-Japan band whose name escapes me now.  They were good in a goofy, fun way.

Wolf Parade hit the stage and opened with "You Are a Runner ..." and really didn't let up from there.  One of the best parts of this show was that it was at a perfect capacity - not so full that you couldn't move but also very high energy and with everyone totally into it.  I kind of took down a setlist but kind of didn't.  They played "Palm Road," "Language City" (which features maybe their best outro), a killer "I'll Believe In Anything"/"This Heart's On Fire" in the middle similar to Pitchfork, and an encore that included, yes, "Shine a Light."  They closed the whole thing out with "Kissing the Beehive."

Solid show, great band.  I didn't get around to writing this until 2011, so it's a bit skimpy on the details.

No comments: